Printable Fraction Games
Printable fraction games are a fun way to learn about fractions!
Fraction Fiasco - The new Fraction Board Game you can print, that makes adding and subtracting fractions fun exciting for kids!
Players are never quite sure who will win this one, because
they get bounced back and forth throughout the game. The good news is
they’re also getting lots of addition or subtraction practice!
Skill: Adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators, simplifying fractions
Number of players: 2 - 4
Object of the game: Be the first player to reach END
Supplies: Game board, two dice, a game piece, paper and pencil for each player
Preparation: Print off Fraction Fiasco game board. To help preserve your game laminate your game board.
- Each player puts his game piece at START. One player rolls both dice
and adds the result. That number is the denominator that all players
will use to begin the game.
- The first player rolls one die and moves forward
that number of spaces. The player uses the number rolled and the number on
the space where they landed as numerators. Player writes the two fractions on
his paper using the denominator that was rolled earlier. He adds the
fractions together and writes his answer in simplest form.
Example: A 6 and a 4 are rolled at the beginning of the game.
The denominator is 10 to begin with. The first player rolls a 3. The
space where he lands has a 6. He writes 3/10 and 6/10 on his paper. He
adds and finds a sum of 9/10.
- The other players check the player's work. If correct, player stays on that space. If incorrect, they go back to where their turn began, and their turn is over.
- Other players continue in the same manner, taking turns.
- If a player lands on a space that is already occupied, two things happen:
1) The player who was there first moves back one space. He
then follows the instructions on that space or completes a new addition
problem using the number just rolled by his opponent. If his answer is
correct, he stays there. If it is not correct, he moves back one more
2) The player just arriving on the space completes an addition problem as usual.
More Printable Fraction Games...
You might like to check these printable fraction activities out as well:
Fraction Flip: A fun printable game to help students practice multiplying fractions. All you need is a deck of playing cards and 3 to 5 players and you're ready to play!
Fraction Feud: This is a fun way to help kids practice comparing fractions. Just print off the Fraction Feud Cards from your computer and let the feud begin. This game can be played with 2 or more players.
Go to main Fraction Games Page
Go to Printable Math Games
Return from Printable Fraction Games to Learn With Math Games Home