Fun Math Activities
Get Kids Excited About Math
Kids and fun go hand in hand. So it's no surprise you are in search of fun math activities that make learning math exciting. You'll find all kinds of math stuff on this site geared toward making math fun.
Grade Level: 2-3
Skill: 2 and 3-digit addition and subtraction
Number of players: 2
Object of the game:
Be the first player to correctly complete the game card.
- Give each player a game card.
- Click to print off game cards
- A calculator
- Assign a range of addends for players to use, such as 1-50, or 60 -100.
- Instruct each player to write any 7 numbers within the range in the red box on his opponent’s game board.
- When the first player finishes, he calls out, “Done!” The second player should keep working to finish his game card.
When both players are done, each one checks his opponent’s work using
the calculator. If the first finisher’s card has mistakes, then the
other player receives the points for finishing first.
- Points are awarded: 3 points for being the first to correctly complete the game card; 1 point for each number used from the box
- Play more roun
- On a signal, both players race to be the first to complete their
ladders.Players add and subtract up and down the ladders, using as many
of the numbers from the red box as possible.A number may not be repeated
within a ladder.See the sample completed ladder and explanation on the
- ds as time allows. The winner is the player with highest point total.
Maybe you child or student needs a simpler addition activity. No problem...If they need to practice their basic math facts, here's a fun addition facts game they should really enjoy.
And if subtraction practice is what you need, here's a subtraction facts game you will enjoy!
math activities make math more interesting and exciting for kids.
Are you ready to get your math laugh on? Math should not be all work and
no fun! Of course, that's why you're on this site. Check out our
collection of math jokes that help us look at the lighter side of math.
Go to main Addition Games page
Go to Elementary Math Games
Return from Fun Math Activities to Learn With Math Games Home