3 Digit Subtraction Games
Looking for 3 digit subtraction games and activities?
You'll find them here - the kids will be glad you did because they'll build subtraction skills and fun at the same time!
Ground - Zero Subtraction
Materials: Deck of playing cards, pair of dice
Skills: 2 and 3 digit subtraction
How to Play:
- Shuffle the cards and place the deck face down in the middle of the table.
- Each player starts out with 999 in the top 3 boxes of their game sheet.
- The first player draws three cards from the top of the deck and turns them face up.
- The next player does the same.
each player takes the numbers from the three cards that were drawn and writes them in the next three boxes on their game sheet under the 999.
- Each player then subtracts the two numbers and writes the result in the boxes below the two numbers.
player will draw three more cards and place these cards under their
previous result if they can arrange them in a way to make a smaller
- If they can make a smaller number, they will then subtract the two numbers and write the result in the answer boxes provided. If they cannot make a smaller number, they miss their turn.
If they are not able to make a smaller number, they will roll two dice.
The two numbers that come up on the dice will then be written in
whatever order they choose under the previous result and the two numbers
- Record the results in the answer boxes.
a player gets to he point where the answer in their answer is a 2-digit
number, instead of drawing cards, the will roll 1 dice. They will then
write this number underneath the result and subtract.
- Play continues the same way until the boxes are completed. ( 5 rounds)
- The player with the result closest to zero is the winner!
More Subtraction Games & Stuff...
What's the Difference: Here's a fun game for 2 or more players, or the teacher vs. the entire class. All you need are playing cards, Ace (=1) through 10 (10=0), and the free printable game board for each player.
Here's one of our printable fun math activities that makes 2 and 3 digit addition and subtraction fun. Just print off the game board and you're ready to play!
Subtraction - No borrowing: Are you ready for some online subtraction practice? Here's a 3-digit subtraction quiz no borrowing for you to try.
Subtraction - Borrowing: Now that you've got the subtraction with no borrowing under your belt, let's step it up a notch! See how you do with this 3 digit subtraction with borrowing.
Is there a need for more practice with the basic subtraction facts? If so, try one of our printable fun math games for kids focusing on subtraction facts.
Go to main Subtraction Games page
Return from 3 Digit Subtraction Games to Math Games Home