Elementary Multiplication Games
Math games are cool! Your kids will have a blast with elementary multiplication games....and become brighter students. Multiplying is a key skill in developing higher level math skills.
Egg Carton Multiplication Facts
Materials: Empty egg carton, two small pieces cardboard, black marker
Cut the cardboard into two a one inch by one inch square. One each of the small cardboard squares write a number between 2 and 12 with the marker.
Grab the egg carton and with the marker write the numbers 2 - 12 on the bottom of each space that an egg goes. Set egg carton about 10-15 feet on floor in front of a designated spot that the players will toss the cardboard square from.
How to Play:
- Each player takes turns tossing his/her cardboard square from the spot designated (about 10-15 ft from egg carton)and tries to land it in one of the 12 egg spots in the carton.
- When a player lands the cardboard square in one of the spots in the egg carton, they will then multiply the number on the cardboard square by whatever number the spot they landed in has been designated.
- If they do not land in one of twelve spots in the egg carton, the next player takes their turn to throw their cardboard square.
- Play continues for a designated number of rounds.
- Score is kept after each round on a tall sheet. For every correct answer a player gives, he/she receives five points. For every wrong answer, 2 points is deducted.
- The player with the most points after 10 rounds is the winner!
More Elementary Multiplication Games...
If you enjoyed Egg Carton Multiplication Facts, you'll probably enjoy these...
Have you signed up for our free Math In Motion Ezine yet? You'll get fun math freebies and know every time we add something new to the sit. See you soon!
Go to Multiplication Games
Return from Elementary Multiplication Games to Learn With Math Games Home