Learning to add is a lot more fun with cool addition activities. This page of our website is for you to share addition games that you have enjoyed at home or in math class!
What You Need:
How To Play:
- The first player rolls the two dice and writes in each of the numbers showing on the dice in the lower two blocks. After writing in the two numbers, they add the two numbers and write the sum in the block above it. See picture below. (Each player has their own game board.)
- As each player adds up their two numbers showing, after throwing the dice; the other players should observe to make sure the sum they write in the block above the two numbers is correct.
- The next player repeats the same steps as above filling in three spaces of their game board in the same way.
- Each player continues taking turns in this same manner until they have filled three of their four groups of stacked blocks as shown in the picture below.
- At this point, each player takes a guess as to what the sum of the 4 numbers at the top of each group will add up to (their Bullseye number) based on the three top blocks that are already filled. For this example, the sum of three numbers already filled in the top (red) blocks is 9 + 5 + 8 = 22.
- Each player will try to guess their Bullseye number before rolling the dice for their last time. In our example, we already have a sum of 22, so a reasonable guess might be 32 for our Bullseye. We would then write the number 32 in the yellow Bullseye as shown in the picture below.
- On the player's final turn, they roll the dice and proceed as before, writing their two numbers rolled in the two blocks and writing the sum in the top block.
- Each player will add up their 4 numbers in their top blocks and the player that comes closest to their Bullseye number written in their circle, is the winner! In the example of a our player shown below, the sum of their 4 numbers in their top blocks is 9 + 5 + 8 + 7 = 29. They are 3 points away from their Bullseye. The other players do the same and whoever is closest to their Bullseye wins the game.
- In case of a tie, the tied players erase the numbers in their last three blocks that were filled in, roll the dice, write the two numbers rolled in the blocks, and then write the sum of the two numbers in the top block as before. Whichever player is closest to their Bullseye number written in their circle is the winner. Do this as many times as necessary to break the tie.
Have Fun Adding!!!
More fun adding activities below...
Play Ice Cream Addition: Here's a math game to keep you and your child school cool during this hot summer. All you need is dice, the ice cream worksheet, and some crayons! Roll the dice, add up the terms, and color in all the pieces of your ice cream cone to win.
Speed Grid Addition: Speed Grid Addition is a one player game against the clock! Select the number of questions and the amount of time and you are ready to go.
Engaging addition activities are one of the best ways you can get kids excited and learning math. You can find addition and subtraction games and of course all of your math game needs here on our site. If you have any activities for addition that you have used at home or in the classroom, you can share with our visitors below.
Do you have any favorite addition activities or games that have worked well for your child or students? Why not share it with our visitors.....
Share You Addition Activity
I look forward to and appreciate receiving addition activities from students, parents and teachers here. Our site visitors also greatly benefit by being able to have another fun way to make math more understandable and fun! Thank you in advance for sharing!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Go to main Addition Games page
Return from Addition Activities to Learn With Math Games Home