Fun Math Games for Kids
Making Math Smart Kids
You want to get kids really interested in math? Fun math games for kids are what every parent and teacher need to make math fun and engaging. Be sure to check the links on the left to find a math skill.
50 - Cent Subtraction
Grade Level: 1-2
Skill: Subtraction Facts
Number of Players: 2-4
Object of the game: Be the first player to put all 50 coins back in the bowl
- 50 pennies for each player
- Subtraction flash cards on our page, or cards of your own
- Calculator to check answers
- All players draw a penny at random to decide who starts. The player with the oldest penny goes first.
- The first player takes the subtraction card from the top of
the pile. He reads the math sentence and calls out the answer. He
removes that many pennies from his pile and puts them into a bowl or
other container. For example, the player draws 12 – 4. He knows the
answer is 8, so he puts 8 pennies in the bowl. He places the flashcard
to the side. (Used flashcards may be shuffled and stacked again if
- Other players continue in the same manner.
someone believes a player has called out an incorrect answer, she may
challenge him and check it on the calculator. If the player is right,
the challenger has to add 5 pennies to her pile. If the challenger is
right, she puts 5 extra pennies in the bowl.
- The winner is the first player to run out of pennies
You might also like Domino Subtraction Activities. In this fun math game for kids, they will practice subtraction with differences of 0 to 6, 0 to 9, or 0 to 12.
your child or students are ready for subtracting larger numbers. If so
they will have fun with this game that focuses on addition and subtraction of 2 and 3-digit numbers.
* Hands-on Activities * Math Games * Interactive Math Games * Challenging Problem-Solving Puzzles * Math Puzzles
if you could pull out a fun math game for kids any time you students or
child is learning a new math concept! Our goal is to keep adding more
fun math games for kids so you can do just that!
Go to Elementary Math Games page
Go to main Subtraction Games page
Return from Fun Math Games For Kids to Learn With Math Games Home