"Raising Math Fun to a Higher Power"
How about a fun exponent game that students will
find themselves wanting to play again and again. It's a simple game that kids can
really have fun with. All you need is a deck of playing cards.
Materials: Deck of playing cards
Skill: Exponents, Multiplication
How to Play: Decide who the dealer will be rolling a die. The person with the higher number is the dealer.
of the cards are dealt face down, one at a time to each player until
there are no cards left. Each later should have an equal number of
- Each player will then their top face up at the same time. This card will represent the base for each player.
- Each player then turns over their next card. This card represents the exponent for each player.
- After each round of turning cards over, the player with the highest
product, wins that round and collects each of the player’s cards that
have been turned over that round.
So that means the winner of each
round will get a total of two cards from each player, their base and
- In case of a tie after a round, the players
involved in the tie will need to do a face-off. For the face-off,
gather the all of the cards that were turned over for that round
together in a pile and shuffle.
Turn the cards face down and spread out
so that each player in the face-off can draw one card. This is to
determine who will shuffle and deal the cards for the face-off.
player that draws the highest card will be the dealer for the face-off.The
face-off is done just like a normal round. The winner of this face-off
round is then the wins the tie-breaker and collects all the cards that
were turned over in that round.
- Play continues until all the cards are turned over.
- The winner of the game is the player that has collected the most cards!
Go to Middle School Math Games
Go to main Math Card Game page
Return from Exponent Game Learn With Math Games Home