Money Counting Game
Teaching kids about money? Here's a great money counting game that they will have fun with and learn that all important skill of counting the cash.
Domino Money Counting
Skill: Know combinations of coins that equal the same value
Number of players: 2 - 3
Object of the game: Be the first player to run out of dominoes
Supplies: Print Domino game cards
Preparation: Photocopy, laminate and cut apart the dominoes
- Place the dominoes upside down on the table and mix them up.
- Each player draws 6 dominoes.
- The player with the highest double goes first and plays that dominoe.
- The second player tries to match one of his dominoes with the card that has been played. If he has no domino that matches, he draws one from the lot on the table. If it’s a match, he may play it. If it doesn’t match, he keeps it. His turn ends.
- Players continue taking turns playing and drawing, if necessary.
- The game ends when one player runs out of dominoes or when all possible matches have been made.
- The player who runs out of dominoes, or who has the fewest dominoes left at the end of the game, is the winner.
You will probably also enjoy this counting money math game that you can also print.
Afterwards, be sure to head on over to the main money games page where we have all of the money games on the site listed. You'll find the link to that page below.
Go to main Money Games For Kids pageReturn from Money Counting Game to Math Games Home page