Elementary Math Activities
Get the kids interested in learning math with fun elementary math activities. Check out our printable Equation Search on this page for starters.
I added a new equation search (Addition Sums up to 20) work sheet to this page.
Skills: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, or Division
What You Need:
Objective: To circle as many correct equations as possible on the equation worksheet.
Playing The Game:
- Give a copy of the equation sheet to each player. If playing in teams, give one equation sheet to each team. Print Multplication Equation Search
- Players will use their pencils to circle as many correct equations as possible on their number grid.Tip: It's a good idea to use the colored pencils when a player circles a correct equation that overlaps another circle equation.
- The numbers that are circled in an equation must be right next to each other.
- Let the players work for a certain amount of time and when the time is up have them put their their pencils down.
- Each player counts the circle equations on their sheet.
- The winner is the player that has the highest number of circled equations.Tip:
After each player counts the number of equations they have circled, it
is a good idea to make sure to exchange the sheets so that the other
player/s can double check the circled equations to make sure they are
* You can tailor this activity to the skill level
of your students. For example, if a student is needing practice with
addition, have them circle all addition equations.
different kinds of equations, for example, addition, subtraction, and
multiplication equations on the same worksheet gives kids practice on
more than one skill.
Go to main Elementary Math Games page
Return from Elementary Math Activities To Learn With Math Games Home